|Elements of a Flourishing Practice: A Forecast for Success|
|Date:||Fri, Apr 25, 2014|
|Time:||8:30 am - 3:00 pm|
|Place:|| Ottawa Conference and Event Centre (formerly the Hampton Conference Centre)
100 Coventry Road Ottawa, Ontario
Each member of your team is a critical element in creating the atmosphere, or mood, of your office.
This influences the way patients perceive your practice – and their decisions to accept treatment.
Dental teams can develop strong relationships and advance the practice by creating an atmosphere
where everyone looks forward to coming in. Learn techniques and strategies for more effective
patient and team communications, inspiring others to action, and creating a team of self-motivated
• Scheduling creatively to bring the enjoyment back into your day
• Balancing the focus between production and building strong relationships
• Neutralizing the sales pitch by teaching the team to speak with empathy
• Learning the subtle skill of listening for patient hesitation – and how to
respond when the patient displays reservation
• Understanding the art of asking the right questions and assessing the patient’s motivators and
• Presenting your best self with guidelines to help you create the image that fits the
atmosphere you desire
• Unifying the team and elevating communication to reduce tension, gossip and resolve conflict
• Maximizing the team approach, where each team member thinks and communicates as a leader
Shelley Renee’s extensive experience in managing dental practices began 30 years ago at the age of 17 when she was hired to ‘help out’ in the front office. Within a short period of time, she was managing the practice. Over the years she has worked every position in the front office, as well as working as a dental assistant. The knowledge and skills gained through this hands-on experience have fueled her current success as a practice management speaker and consultant.
Shelly is a member of the Academy of Dental Management Consultants, Speaking Consulting Network, Directory of Dental Speakers, Dental Consultant Connection, and American Association of Dental Office Managers. She is a program advisor for Care Credit and is certified by Bent Ericksen as an HR employment compliance consultant. She is also a graduate of The Consulting U, a highly respected Masters training program for dental practice management consultants.
Registration available for non-member Dentists, Hygienists, and Auxilary
Bookings are closed for this event.