Dr. Robert Bouclin
Dr. Robert Bouclin was born and raised in Sudbury, Ontario. He holds a Bachelor degree in Biochemistry from the University of Ottawa and he completed his dentistry training at l’Université Laval in Quebec City. During his studies he took a keen interest in surgery and microbiology.
After practicing general dentistry for two years, Dr. Bouclin decided to specialize in periodontics and returned to l’Université Laval for an additional 3 years to complete his specialty training. He obtained a Masters degree and his professional designation as a Periodontist in 2003 from l’Université Laval.
- Royal College of Dentists Canada
- Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario
- Canadian Dental Association
- Ontario Dental Association
- Canadian Academy of Periodontology
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Ontario Society of Periodontists
- Ottawa Dental Society
- Masters Course in Dental Implant Placement, 2010-University of Bern, Switzerland.
- Advance Cardiac Life Support, 2006-Last recertification 2010 Ottawa, Ontario
- Intravenous Sedation, 2006-University of Alberta, Alberta
- Esthetic Implant Placement Nobel Biocare Institute, 2002-Vasteras, Sweden
- Advanced Bone Grafting and Sinus Elevations Techniques, 2001-University of Miami
- Crown Lengthening: Where, When and Why
- Dental Implant Treatment Planning
- Establishing a Soft tissue Program
- Gingival Recessions: Diagnosis to Treatment
Academic and Research Awards
- Pierre Fauchard Academy for outstanding academic achievements in undergraduate dentistry
- The American Academy of Periodontology Award for outstanding achievement in Periodontics
- The American Association of Oral Biologists award in recognition of significant achievement in, and contribution to Oral Science
- Bourse de recherche du fonds Emile Beaulieu 1997
- Volunteer dentist, Ottawa Mission Dental Program
- Founder (2005) and Director of the Dental Specialists Study club, offering continuing dental education to Ottawa area dental professionals
- Examiner for the Board, Royal College of Dentists Canada
- Former visiting professor, La CiteCollégiale, Ottawa, Ontario
- Former visiting professor, Collège Boréal, Sudbury, Ontario
To promote and encourage the advancement of dentistry and to create camaraderie within in the dental profession, though continuing education.
- To provide a stimulating environment, where all dedicated members are encouraged to learn from each other and support our collective pursuit of quality patient care. Through collective sharing, participants broaden their experience, confidence, and ability to manage complex cases and enhance diagnostic skills.
- To improve our comprehensive treatment planning expertise by educating our member dentists in all disciplines of dentistry and encouraging a wholistic approach to dental care.
- To improve the educational levels and job satisfaction of our dental team members.